FLU CLINICS AT HENRY MOORE CLINIC AND FRYSTON ROAD SURGERY
Are you Eligible for the Flu Vaccine?
You must be:
- Aged 65 years and over
- Pregnant women
Over six months old with the following conditions:
- Asthmatics on a steroid inhaler or steroid tablets
- Chronic Bronchitis or emphysema
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney or Liver Disease
- Chronic Neurological disease
- People who are immunosuppressed, have no spleen or whose spleen does not work properly
- People who are in receipt of carers allowance or those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill
MYTH: Flu vaccines are dangerous and haven't been tested properly - NOT TRUE
The flu vaccine has been well tested, has an excellent safety record and is given to millions of people a year in the UK and round the world. The risk of having a serious reaction is less than one in a million!
MYTH: The Flu Vaccine gives you flu - NOT TRUE
Side effects of the vaccine should not make you feel unwell. However there is a temporary soreness and you may have achy joints and muscles. You temperature may raise and you may develop a headache but these symptoms will go away after a couple of days and is a lot less serious than getting the flu.
We have leaflets available in the practice that will provide you with much more information. Please pick one up if you wish to know more.